March is a month of many types of holidays, special days and fun days. A list of the fun days and holidays are:
- National Pig Day and Peanut Butter Lovers Day
- Read Across America Day and Old Stuff Day
- I Want You to be Happy Day, If Pets had Thumbs Day, National Anthem Day, Peach Blossom Day and National Walk to Work Day
- Holy Experiments Day and Hug a GI Day
- Multiple Personality Day
- Employee Appreciation Day, Dentist Day and Salesperson Day
- National Crown Roast of Pork Day
- Daylight Savings Time, International Women’s Day and Be Nasty Day
- Panic Day
- Middle Name Pride Day
- Johnny Appleseed Day and Worship of Tools Day
- World Kidney Day, Girl Scouts Day, Plant a Flower Day and Popcorn Lovers Day
- Ear Muff Day, Jewel Day and Friday the 13th
- Learn About Butterflies Day, National Potato Chip Day and National Pi Day
- Ides of March, Everything You Think is Wrong Day, Incredible Kid Day and
Dumb Struck Day
- Everything You Do is Right Day and Freedom of Information Day
- Saint Patrick’s Day and Submarine Day
- Goddess of Fertility Day, National Agricultural Day and Supreme Sacrifice Day
- Poultry Day
- Spring Equinox, International Earth Day and Proposal Day
- Fragrance Day and National Quilting Day
- National Goof Off Day
- National Chip and Dip Day and Near Miss Day
- National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day
- Pecan Day, Waffle Day and Feast of the Annunciation
- Make up Your Own Holiday Day and National Spinach Day
- National Joe Day
- Something on a Stick Day
- Palm Sunday, National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day and Smoke and Mirrors
- National Doctors Day, I am in Control Day and Take a Walk in the Park Day
- Bunsen Burner Day and National Clam on a Half Shell Day
Some other fun facts about the Month of March are:
March was named for the Roman God of “Mars”.
The second week of March is National Bubble Week and Crochet Week.
The March Birthstone is: Aquamarine, Bloodstone and Jade.
The March Flower is the Daffodil.
The Veggies and Fruits for the Month of March are Kiwi, Canistel (Egg Fruit), Guava,
Grapefruit, Tamarillo, Feijoa, Red Banana, Kiwano Melon, Green Onions and Leeks.
A big holiday in March is Saint Patrick’s Day. It is celebrated on March 17th. A few fun facts about Saint Patrick’s Day are that it is in honor of the Patron Saint of Ireland, who brought Christianity to the Emerald Isles, as Ireland is known. It is truly a day of celebrating Irish history, ancestry, traditions and customs.
Are you Irish perchance? The saying goes everyone is a little Irish on Saint Patrick’s Day. Saint Patrick’s Day is held in honor of Saint Patrick, the missionary who brought Christianity to the Irish people in the 400’s AD.
Erin Go Braugh is the most common Irish term you will hear. It means “Ireland Forever” Over 34 million Americans are of Irish descent. That is almost nine times the population of Ireland.
After giving you some fun facts about the month of March, here is a way you can help celebrate all those special days along with your family and friends birthdays, thank you gifts and maybe just thinking about you gift. Aunt Deanna’s Basket of Goodies can create a special gift basket or a centerpiece for your needs.